Getting the little ones to eat a healthy breakfast is a lot harder to get them eating dessert, so why not try Frozen Fruit Salad, which is both! Obviously you use any fruit you like, but here’s our favourite. One tip is to avoid bananas, which don’t go to well in the freezer.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup seedless green grapes
- 1 Apple, chopped up
- 1 Cup strawberries, chopped up
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- ½ Cup of juice (whichever flavour you like)
- 1 Cup low fat yogurt (optional)
- Ground cinnamon
- Cut up your apple, then cover in a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, add all your fruit and the orange juice and if your kids like yogurt, mix in the yogurt too.
- Put it in the freezer until semi frozen.
- Serve with a dribble of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.