Ok, so it has quite a bit of sugar in it, but we all need a treat sometimes. And these particular treats are bursting with real fruit but with no fat, so it’s perfect for kids (and for mums!).
What you’ll need:
- 1¼ Cups water
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1½ Cups raspberries or strawberries
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine 1 cup of the water and the sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, constantly stirring to make sure all the sugar is dissolved. After around 3 minutes, let the syrup cool.
- Blend the berries and the remaining water. (At this point you can either strain to remove the seeds or leave them in)
- Stir together the syrup, the juices and the berries puree. Freeze until firm for about 6 or more hours (small ice trays will work best).
- Immediately before serving, give the sorbet another go in the blender.