These nutritious bliss balls make the perfect morning or afternoon treat for kids and grown‐ups alike. You could also package them up as a unique and healthy gift.
Makes around 20 balls
What you’ll need
- Food processor.
- Air tight container.
- 1 cup rolled oats.
- ½ cup walnuts or almonds*.
- ½ cup pumpkin seed (pepitas).
- 250g pitted medjool dates.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ¼ cup shredded coconut.
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds.
- Pinch of sea salt.
If popping into your child’s lunchbox, these tasty treats may end up being shared with friends, so for safety reasons, it’s best to omit the nuts.
- Place all of the ingredients in the food processor except for the dates. Blend on high until finely ground.
- Add the dates, one at a time, while the processor is running. You should end up with a mix that looks a bit like cake crumbs. If the mixture doesn’t hold together easily then add more dates.
- Use damp hands to roll into small balls and store in an airtight container such as a glass jar. Pop in the fridge or freezer, and eat as desired. Just try and restrain yourself to one or two!