Are you feeling a little flat and finding it hard to get‐up‐and‐go? Skip the coffee and sugar stimulants in favour of these natural energy boosters:
- Exercise – Although it may seem counter‐intuitive, expending energy by engaging in regular exercise can in fact fight fatigue in the long run.1 Getting that extra energy boost needed to get through the day may be as simple as lacing up your sneakers and going for a brisk walk in the morning rather than hitting the snooze button.
- Water – Even minor dehydration can make us feel tired and impact on our ability to think clearly.2 Try drinking a couple of glasses of water when fatigue strikes or better still, don’t wait to become dehydrated, try and stay hydrated all through the day.
- Sunlight – Environmental cues play a major role in our energy highs and lows. Open the curtains to let in natural light and take just 10‐15 minutes out of your day to go outside and get some fresh air to help re‐energise and refocus.
- Lemons – Interestingly, the lemon aroma has a stimulating effect and has been associated with enhanced physical and mental performance.3 Burn lemon oil or add lemon juice to your water to feel more awake throughout the day.
- Green tea – Green tea has the unique ability to calm the body but keep the mind alert. So try trading in your regular latte for green matcha one.
- B vitamins – Most of the B complex vitamins are involved in converting the food we eat into useable energy. Consider taking a B vitamin supplement in the morning to support your energy levels.
- CoQ10 – Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) can help build the body’s energy reserves and may assist stamina and endurance. Take a CoQ10 supplement to help you get the extra energy you need for a busy day.