Do your kids love mashed potato? Why not use the opportunity to get an extra vegetable into their growing bodies with this one!
- 500g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 500g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets (frozen is also fine)
- 2 tbsp. softened butter
- 50ml Milk
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel and chop potatoes into quarters (roughly).
- Add potato and cauliflower to the boiling water along with a pinch of salt and boil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Once cooked, drain all excess water from pot. We suggest leaving the potato and cauliflower in the pot for mashing. Add butter, milk and half of the parmesan cheese and begin mashing, until a smooth texture is achieved.
- If you want to make your mash fancy place in a large ovenproof dish and even out mixture. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top and place under hot grill until a crisp brown coating appears on top (normally about 5 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Why not try another of our delicious recipes containing vegetables in disguise?
- Hidden vegetable pasta sauce – vegetarian and meat options
- Veggie packed meat balls (or burgers!)
- Green & gold quiche
- Marvellous muffins
- Beautiful beetroot chocolate cake (Also great as Red Velvet cake)
- Chocolate zucchini cupcakes
- Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- Cinnamon sweet potato muffins
- Orange spaghetti