These delicious fajitas are great for kids and for parents, and by adding heaps of veggies and swapping sour-cream for natural yogurt, they’re great for health too. Not only that, but making your fajitas together as a family is an awesome way to bring some fun to the dinner table.
What you’ll need:
- 700g Chicken, sliced into strips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ Teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Can kidney beans
- 1 Large brown onion, sliced
- 1 Large green capsicum, sliced
- 8-10 Small tortillas
- 1 Can crushed tomatoes
- ½ Cup natural yogurt
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- ½ Lettuce, sliced
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl and mix in the oil, spice and garlic.
- Heat a large pan until hot. Stir-fry the capsicum and onion. Once brown, add your chicken, continue to stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain and wash the beans, then empty the can into a small saucepan. Mash with a potato masher or fork on a low heat, adding water if required.
- To serve, place some chicken, beans, some crushed tomato, yogurt, lettuce and avocado in the middle of a warmed tortilla.