Do your kids love muffins? Why not try this recipe which includes sweet potatoes and the icing can be left completely up to you!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1 cup canola oil
- Grease muffin cups or trays and preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl add the lightly beaten egg, sweet potato mixture and oil and mix until well combined before adding the dry mixture in. Stir together until combined and mixture becomes moist.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tray, filling two-thirds full in each cup.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to sit for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool on wire racks.
Why not try another of our delicious recipes containing vegetables in disguise!
- Hidden vegetable pasta sauce – vegetarian and meat options
- Veggie packed meat balls (or burgers!)
- Green & gold quiche
- Marvellous muffins
- Beautiful beetroot chocolate cake (Also great as Red Velvet cake)
- Chocolate zucchini cupcakes
- Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- Cauliflower, potato & parmesan mash
- Orange spaghetti