Most people know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and how well your kids function at school can be helped by the breakfast they eat. Find the breakfasts that work for your family lifestyle and start something healthy today with these five quick breakfast ideas:
- Toast a bagel and spread with peanut butter. Serve with juice or milk and a handful of sultanas.
- A tub of yoghurt with a small serve of two fruits on top, sprinkled with cereal.
- Half cup of high fibre cereal with milk, topped with peach slices.
- Multigrain toast with cottage cheese and sliced banana.
- Premixed mango smoothie – a few mango pieces from a frozen pack (found in the supermarket freezer), a small tub of yoghurt and half a glass of milk. Mix the night before and store in the fridge overnight, so all you need do is shake and pour. Add a piece of toast if needed. Hint: this is also great with frozen mixed berries, instead of mango.
If all else fails and things don’t go to plan in the morning keep the fridge stocked with pre-prepared emergency breakfast drinks and smoothies or cheese and biscuit packs to grab on your way out the door.