Why not let the kids have some fun with some tongue twisters? Get the kids to say them as fast as they can and see how many times they can finish each tongue twister without making a mistake. You might even find some of them challenging. Send us your favorites if they aren't on our list.
- Mix a box of mixed biscuits with a boxed biscuit mixer
- Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
- A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk.
- A big black bug bit a big black bear, and made the big black bear bleed blood.
- Swan swam over the sea,
swim, swan, swim!
Swan swam back again,
well swum, swan!
- Bill had a billboard and also a board bill.
But the board bill bored Bill so
That he sold the billboard to pay the board bill.
- Never trouble trouble
Till trouble troubles you.
It only doubles trouble,
And troubles others too.
- I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch.
- Cows graze in groves on grass which grows in grooves in groves.
- Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread.
- If one doctor doctors another doctor,
does the doctor who doctors the doctor doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors?
Or does he doctor the doctor the way the doctor who doctors doctors?
- One-one was a race horse.
Two-two was one too.
One-one won one race.
Two-two won one too.
- Pick a partner and practice passing,
for if you pass proficiently,
perhaps you'll play professionally.
- A pleasant place to place a plaice is a place where a plaice is pleased to be placed.
- An ape hates grape cakes.
- We surely shall see the sun shine soon
- A tree toad loved a she-toad
who lived up in a tree.
He was a two-toed tree toad
but a three-toed toad was she.
The two-toed tree toad tried to win
the three-toed she-toad's heart,
for the two-toed tree toad loved the ground
that the three-toed tree toad trod.
But the two-toed tree toad tried in vain.
He couldn't please her whim.
From her tree toad bower
with her three-toed power
the she-toad vetoed him.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper Picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
and chuck as much as a woodchuck would
if a woodchuck could chuck wood.