For many of us our 30’s can be hectic; you may have just started a family, moved up in your career or are in the middle of renovating your first home. Our responsibilities increase, our schedules get busier, and if we’re not careful, we can become so preoccupied that we neglect our health. But taking care of ourselves becomes more and more important as we grow older and making better choices in our 30’s can improve our chances for a long and happy life. To be the healthiest you in your 30’s and beyond:
- Maintain a healthy weight – Many men and women in their 30’s will notice a few extra kilos have crept onto their waistline. This is partly because our metabolism tends to slow down as we age and also due to poor dietary and lifestyle choices. To keep your metabolism humming, combine a healthy well-balanced diet with regular exercise. Remember ‘healthy’ doesn’t have to be complicated and there are plenty of quick and nutritious meals available for the whole family.
- Prioritise exercise – Most of us know that exercise is beneficial for our health and to the way we look and feel but making the time to fit it in between work and family schedules is often difficult. But remember every little bit counts. Get off the bus or train one stop early and walk the rest of the way, do abdominal crunches and push‐ups in TV ad breaks, walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator and do some pelvic floor exercises during your daily commute to work. On weekends play tennis with your family, swim at the beach or play a game of touch football in the park with friends.
- Top up on important nutrients – The top nutrition needs for women in their 30’s include calcium for maintaining bone strength, iron to support energy production and maintain healthy blood, and folic acid if you’re trying to fall pregnant. For 30‐something men zinc, B vitamins and CoQ10 can support their body’s needs and energy requirements. Cenovis Mini Bursts Multi and Mini Burst Energy are a convenient way for you to get the essential vitamins and minerals you need every day, especially when you’re on the go.
- Support a healthy pregnancy – These days many women wait until their 30’s to have children, a time when they may feel more settled or financially secure. To ensure a healthy pregnancy in your 30’s it’s important to practise healthy habits including consuming a healthy diet, exercising appropriately and not smoking. You could also consider Cenovis Once Daily Pregnancy +Breastfeeding Multi for daily nutritional support before, during and after pregnancy.
- Get enough sleep – When there never seems to be enough time in the day to achieve everything we want to, the first thing we tend to sacrifice is sleep. But getting enough sleep is important for us to function at our best. Make sleep a priority, allow time to wind down before bed, make sure your bedroom is cool, dark and conducive to sleeping, and if you’re having trouble falling asleep try Cenovis Easy Sleep Valerian 2000.
- Chill out – You may feel stressed out more often than not in your 30’s as you juggle a career and/or parenting, but practising stress‐reducing techniques can help you stay on top of your game. Exercise regularly, attend a yoga class, practise a morning meditation for 10 minutes before the kids get up and balance your responsibilities with things you enjoy.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.