If your kids love burgers they’ll go nuts for these! Hide a few veggies in the patties, plus a bit of salad on top, and they’ll be eating healthy without even noticing it. It can get a bit fiddly with all the small pieces, so you might want to make a couple of big people burgers too.
What you’ll need:
- 500g Beef mince
- ¼ Cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup grated cheese
- 250g Grape tomatoes
- 1 Cup baby spinach leaves
- 5 Slices bread
- ½ Small brown onion
- 1 Carrot
- Finely chop the onion then combine in a mixing bowl with mince, breadcrumbs and grated carrot.
- Shape mixture into patties of about 2 tablespoons, this should give you around twenty patties.
- Cook in non-stick pan on a medium heat for around 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Toast the bread, then using a scone or small biscuit-cutter, cut four circles out of each piece of toast.
- Stack up your salad and rissoles on your tiny-toast to make your mini-burgers.