With a serving basket made out of the watermelon skin (it can be as elaborate or as simple as you like), your kids will realise how much fun fruit can be!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Medium sized watermelon
- 1 Can canned diced pineapple
- 2 Cups seedless green grapes
- 2 Apples - cored and chopped
- 2 Bananas, chopped
- Cut a wedge out of your watermelon lengthwise. Cut out the flesh from the main part, but don’t cut through the rind.
- Put the watermelon, pineapple, banana, grapes and apple in a mixing bowl with a small amount of the pineapple juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Carve your remaining watermelon skin into a serving basket for your salad - get creative, and have fun, the kids will love it!