Kids love having new and exciting things on their plate (sometimes!) so why not try Orange Spaghetti? You can even use the hidden vegetable pasta sauce recipe we suggest and make this a veggie packed dinner.
- 12 medium carrots
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced, optional
- 3 small cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Wash the carrots well, and remove tops and tails (if required).
- Carefully peel carrots into long thin strips and sprinkle with salt.
- In a large pan, add oil and when hot add carrots, tossing frequently to prevent from sticking.
- When the carrots start to soften add garlic, pepper and onion (if desired).
- Leave the carrots on heat (keep tossing!) until some begin to caramelise or go a slight brown colour around the edges, being careful not to burn them.
- You can add your own pasta sauce to the carrots while they’re on heat, or dish up the orange spaghetti and add your pasta sauce or bolognaise mixture on top.
- Serve immediately.
Why not try another of our delicious recipes containing vegetables in disguise!
- Hidden vegetable pasta sauce – vegetarian and meat options
- Veggie packed meat balls (or burgers!)
- Green & gold quiche
- Marvellous muffins
- Beautiful beetroot chocolate cake (Also great as Red Velvet cake)
- Chocolate zucchini cupcakes
- Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- Cauliflower, potato & parmesan mash
- Cinnamon sweet potato muffins