School is approaching fast and so is the constant search for interesting lunchbox ideas. Many schools today have restrictions on what can be packed for lunch. Often this includes a nut free policy to protect those with allergies. So if you need to switch out the peanut butter sandwiches, try these suggestions to keep the kids healthy and happy with these great filling ideas.
Here are seven nut free lunches so you don’t spend precious morning minutes staring into the fridge wondering what to pack!
First choose your bread:
- White sour dough
- English muffin
- Pita bread
There are many more options so be sure to check out the bread aisle in the supermarket and be mindful of any that have nuts or seeds.
Now for the fillings! Why not try one of these and start something healthy at lunch:
- Cream cheese, strawberry jam, and fresh sliced strawberries.
- Ham, pineapple slices, and cream cheese.
- Hummus, cucumber, and feta (or any other) cheese.
- Turkey, ham or corned beef with cheese and cucumber.
- Tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella or any cheese your child prefers.
- Baked beans with avocado and grated cheese.
- Chicken with shredded lettuce and guacamole spread.
Remember, these ideas are just a starting point. Mix and match to find the combinations your kids like best! They will let you know which their favourites are so you can rotate them in the sandwich roster.