This recipe is an absolute bottler, and it’s the best way we’ve found to get your kids eating mushrooms.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Slices of ‘doorstop’ bread
- 1 Big portabello or field mushroom
- Olive oil
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 2 Leaves of lettuce
- 1 Slices of low fat cheese
- 2 Slices of tomato
- Place your mushrooms upside down on a baking tray, sparsely cover with garlic and lightly sprinkle with oil. In a pre-heated oven bake on a moderate heat until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Toast your bread.
- On your bottom slice of toast put your mushrooms, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Put your last bit of toast on top.